How often have you found yourself feeling a sense of overwhelm coming at you, around the holidays? It is that constant duality we feel between being excited about celebrating with family, friends, loved ones and at the same time feeling guilty from indulging in too many sweet treats and loads of meals. This year, you can choose differently by adding some healthier desserts, so you can feel more at ease from the heavy food menu. Let´s set a fresh start to the new year, with no regrets in store.
Luckily, well maybe not so much, but this year is the first time I am not celebrating Christmas with my closest family. For this reason, I have decided to replicate some Christmas sweet treats, only this time I am going to enjoy a lighter, guilt-free version of them. I want to share with you my favorite Coconut Macaroons recipe, which is super easy and quick, while making indulging in these goodies super enjoyable and satisfying any sweet tooth.
This recipe makes about 50 macaroons!
Here’s what you need:
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
Here’s what you do:
- Whisk egg whites and salt in a bowl, until you get a stiff mixture
- Add in maple syrup, vanilla extract and shredded coconut and mix all ingredients together
- Grab a rounded tablespoonful of batter, at a time, and drop onto a baking sheet pan
- After you place each batter piece, pinch each one at the top
- Have the oven heated at 350 degrees F for 10-15min, until lightly browned
- Serve and Enjoy!